The Alexandria Health Department Casey Health Center, 1200 N. Howard Street, is expanding its hours for providing H1N1 flu vaccine to the public during December. Vaccinations are still targeted to the following CDC-designated priority groups:
- Pregnant women
- Children and young adults ages 6 months to 24 years
- Adults ages 25 to 64 with chronic illness such as asthma and diabetes
- Healthcare workers
- Caregivers of children younger than six months of age
Both nasal mist and injectable (shots) vaccine will be available. Please call (703) 519.5979, ext. 252 to schedule an appointment. Walk-ins will be accepted, but priority at all times will be given to those with scheduled appointments.
December Clinic Hours:
- Monday 8:30 a.m. – Noon and 1- 4 p.m.
- Tuesday (children only) Noon – 3:30 p.m. and 4:30-7 p.m.
- Wednesday* Noon – 3:30 p.m. and 4:30-7 p.m.
- Thursday* Noon – 3:30 p.m. and 4:30-7 p.m.
- Friday 8:30 a.m. – Noon and 1-4 p.m.
* Clinic hours on Wednesday, December 16: 2:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.
* Clinic hours on Wednesday, December 23 and Thursday, December 31: 8:30 a.m.- 4 p.m.
The clinic will be closed December 24 and 25, and January 1.
For more information about the H1N1 flu and flu vaccination clinics, visit alexandriava.gov/Flu